The Konjac Sponge Company's New Mythical Creatures Collection - The Cutest Konjac Sponges Ever


I tried a konjac sponge a few years ago and was a bit underwhelmed to be honest. I tried a charcoal one and it was okay but I don't think I really knew how to use it or store it, so even though I liked it I didn't feel like I needed to re-purchase one. I've read a few good reviews about them lately with people using them in different ways, so when The Konjac Sponge Company got in touch about their new Mythical Creatures collection and very graciously offered to send me one to try, I was intrigued to try another one and actually learn how to use it this time!

The Konjac Sponge Company make sponges that are 100% vegetable fibre and are a natural way to cleanse and exfoliate whilst also being good for the environment. The new Mythical Creatures collection come in recyclable cardboard boxes and the sponge itself is fully biodegradable too - once you've finished with them you can plant them in your garden and they'll provide extra moisture for your plants before they break down. How great is that?! They're
also suitable for vegans. Each sponge comes with it's own illustrated hook for you to stick to your bathroom wall and hang the sponge on to dry. I think this is a brilliant idea as it allows the sponge to dry out completely between washes and will hopefully make it last a lot longer. I kept my last one on the side of the sink and it never used to dry out properly - probably one of the reasons I wasn't too fussed the first time round: I didn't really know how to store it and it ended up not lasting very long.

I received the Mythical Dragon Konjac Face Sponge and Hook* and how cute is he?! All the illustrations are amazing and such a great idea. The collection includes a Narwhal, Mermaids and Unicorns and all of them would look so pretty in your bathroom. My little dragon, Norbert as I've decided to call him (5 points if you get that reference!), contains french green clay and Konjac plant fibre to tone the complexion. French green clay is famous for it's antiseptic properties. It's a mineral-rich clay and is highly absorbent which makes it perfect for combination skin and oily t-zones. The french green clay Konjac sponge aims to tighten pores, tone the complexion and revitalise damaged skin cells.



I first tried this on it's own without a cleanser (which is how I was using my first one) and unfortunately I didn't see much difference in my skin. However, this time I tried it with a cleanser and that's when the real magic happened. I've been using my Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel with this and the results have been really great. I smooth the cleanser all over my face then wet the Konjac Sponge, so it goes nice and soft, and buff my face using circular motions. I then rinse it, gently squeeze the excess water out of it and then hang it on the hook to dry. I always use this with a second cleanse or in the morning as I don't like the thought of old make up getting stuck in the sponge - I don't know if it would, but I just don't like the thought of it personally. The french green clay is perfect for my skin concerns as I'm always looking for something to help my combination skin and battle blemishes. My skin has been loving having a daily gentle exfoliation and feels much smoother for it. It also looks much brighter and I actually seem to have a little glow about me too.

I'm so glad The Konjac Sponge Company offered to send me this to try and I must admit I'm so happy that I gave the konjac sponge another go and experimented with different ways to use it, as it's been a lovely addition to my routine. I'll be more than a little disappointed when it's past it's sell by date to be honest, as I actually prefer using this over my face cloths now. They can last up to 3 months though if you take care of them, which is a pretty long time so hopefully I don't have to worry about that anytime soon! I believe that the Mythical Creatures Collection is Limited Edition though, so make sure you go grab them before they disappear. At £10.99 I think they're a really affordable addition to your skincare routine and how can you resist having a little dragon or unicorn hook to brighten up your bathroom?

Have you tried konjac sponges yet?

Kayleigh x

Labels: ,