Favourite Face Masks To Combat Blemishes


I've had a couple of mini breakouts erupt on my chin over the last few weeks and although I'm pretty sure that it's down to the absolute appalling diet we've had since coming back from Mexico I've been looking for skincare products to help. I've found two face masks that have really been helping to calm my skin so I thought I'd let you in on my little secrets. Both of these masks use more natural ingredients than any of my other masks and I believe that's one of the reasons why these have had such a positive effect on my skin.

Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask - £24.99

This has been a long time favourite of mine and it's probably the only face mask that I've repurchased twice. This is such a soothing face mask and it's so comfortable to wear on the skin. You apply the mask all over the skin, leave it

for 10 minutes and then wipe off with a cotton pad. I actually like to leave this on overnight for an intense treatment and find that it works much better. It includes Manuka Honey which has anti-bacterial properties and is an anti-wrinkle agent and Pohutukawa flowers which are packed with antioxidants and also have antiseptic properties. These two ingredients play a huge part in calming and soothing blemishes. This mask is a god send for bad skin days. The morning after using this I always wake up to radiant skin and any redness is greatly reduced - my blemishes always look much smaller and less angry too. My skin is always super hydrated as well and never feels dry or stripped. This is such a great mask for acne prone skin or dry skin that needs an extra bit of moisture. It's also perfect to use overnight as the vanilla pod and mandarin fragrance is super relaxing.

Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask - £11.99

This mask is a newer addition to my collection but I've already fallen completely in love with it. I love a detoxifying mask but I haven't found one that I love really until now and I wanted to try a more natural one. This one claims to draw out impurities with charcoal, treat and prevent blemishes with salicylic acid and condition the skin with tomatoes, aloe, watermelon, pumpkin and chamomile extracts. The first thing I liked about this is that it smells divine - there's no chemical smell, like other charcoal masks I've tried, just a lovely floral scent which makes me look forward to using it. I apply this before jumping in the shower, leave for 10 minutes while I do everything else in the shower and then wash this off just before I get out. It washes off easily with no need to scrub at your skin and it leaves smooth, plumped skin behind. My face feels like it's had a really good clean after using this and I can see a reduction in the size of any blemishes straight away - perfect for using before a night out. It also makes my skin really soft and a great base for a facial oil or moisturising mask.

Both of these masks are amazing and I've been using them constantly the past couple of weeks to calm my skin. My skin has been much better and any blemishes have healed much faster too. I have a feeling it's due to the more natural ingredients in these than other skincare - my skin seems to be loving natural products lately. I'd definitely recommend both of these masks, especially to people who are prone to blemishes as they've worked wonders for me.

Have you got any favourite face masks that help with blemishes?

Kayleigh x

Labels: ,