Dr Botanicals Coconut Oil Rejuvenating Body Exfoliating Bar

Dr Botanicals Coconut Oil Rejuvenating Body Exfoliating Bar

A few weeks ago I was sent the Dr Botanicals Coconut Oil Rejuvenating Body Exfoliating Bar * to test out. I love a good exfoliator as it always makes my skin look so much better, but I don't always have the inclination to actually use one as it's a bit of a faff. When I saw that this one was in bar form I couldn't wait to try it and see if it would make me exfoliate more. I've made a big dent in the bar now, so I though now would be the perfect time to let you know my thoughts.

The Coconut Oil Exfoliating Bar (I'm shortening it's name to this, as it's a bit of a mouthful!) claims to hydrate, cleanse and gently exfoliate by using shredded coconut to exfoliate and coconut oil to moisturise. It's a refreshing cleansing and exfoliating bar that can be used on your face, body and hands for a youthful complexion.

The first thing I noticed is the packaging. It's stylish and has a big Vegan label on it. I love it when things are clearly labelled and brands are proud to show off their attributes. I don't exclusively buy vegan products but it's always a bonus when a cruelty free product is vegan too. The packaging is 100% recyclable, which I love as I'm all for helping to save to planet!

Dr Botanicals Coconut Oil Rejuvenating Body Exfoliating Bar

The product itself is really lovely. I love the ease of use of an exfoliating bar. I always buy oil based scrubs and they get sooooo messy in the shower - I end up with it everywhere and usually slip on it too, which is always fun! Having a bar that you can just pick up and rub all over your body is so much better and it's more eco-friendly than other scrubs as there's no plastic tub or bottle to get rid of.

It's great for my skin too. After the first use my skin looked much brighter and felt super smooth. After using this every couple of days for a few weeks my skin is in the best condition it's been in. I don't think I can solely put this down to this bar, as I've been making sure I moisturise more too, but this has definitely played a huge part. I do find that occasionally you can get a bit of sharp shredded coconut which is rough on the skin but in general it's a nice subtle exfoliation that feels really nice on the skin.

The only downside is that I find the coconut scent doesn't last very long. In fact I find it smelled more when I first opened the packaging than when it's in use. I would have liked it to transfer onto my skin a little too, so I can smell of coconuts all day.

The Coconut Exfoliating Bar has really made me want to exfoliate more than usual, as it's so easy to do now. I'll definitely be leaning towards getting another bar in future as I've actually kept up a good exfoliating routine with this. The price is a little steep and I wouldn't personally pay £29.90 for an exfoliator but that's because I prefer to invest my money in things like moisturisers instead. However, I do think this is a brilliant exfoliator and if you're looking to invest I would definitely recommend trying this one.

What's your favourite exfoliating product?

Kayleigh x

Labels: ,