SoulTree Kajal Eyeliners

Soultree Kajal Eyeliner

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to be offered 2 SoulTree Kajals* to try out. SoulTree Kajals* are 100% natural and are handmade by combining carbon black from vegetable oil lamps with organic ghee, natural mineral pigments and organic almond oil. They are made using a traditional ayurvedic recipe and a 3000 year old process - why change something when it works ey?! The addition of the almond oil and ghee mean that the kajals are super moisturising on the eyelids and won't dry out the senstive area around eyes and camphor has a naturally anti-bacterial and cooling effect. There are 12 different colours to chose from and they are all certified by the BDIH. I couldn't find a conclusive statement about them being cruelty free on their website but I emailed them and they have confirmed that neither their finished products or ingredients are tested on animals, by themselves or any third parties and they also do not sell in any countries that require animal testing. They also said they would add this information to their website for future reference.

Soultree Kajal Eyeliner

On to the kajals themselves. I requested the Pure Black, as black eyeliner never goes out of style and Purple Haze. There are a great range of bright colours to chose from but I'm not quite confident enough to pull off anything too bright. Purple Haze looked like the perfect shade to add a little bit of colour without being too bright.

The kajals come in a really cute little box. On the inside flap is a SoulTree promise from founder Vishal Bhandari, which is a really lovely addition. Inside is a silver bullet with a twist up mechanism that reveals the product itself. I love the neatness of the packaging and how tiny it is - great for travelling or to pop into your clutch on a night out for touch ups.

Soultree Kajal Eyeliner

Pure Black is just like it's name sake: Pure Black!! It's a rich, true black that looks beautiful on the eye. Purple Haze is a gorgeous deep, pinky, purple shade that's gives a lovely, subtle pop of colour. I really love the way both shades look on me and surprisingly my favourite is the Purple Haze - probably because it's my first time trying a coloured eyeliner. You can also use these as eyeshadows too. My favourite combination is wearing Purple Haze as an eyeshadow with Pure Black smudges into my lash line as a liner - the perfect eye look!

Soultree Kajal Eyeliner Swatch

The formulation of these is extremely creamy, which makes them a dream to apply. They smooth across the eye lid without any tugging or pulling and feel so luxurious to use. They're so easy to work with and blend out beautifully for the perfect smoky eye. The only thing I would say is that they don't really set and if you touch your eyes a lot throughout the day they will smudge, however I used a primer before application and they stayed in place for a good 5 hours before starting to wear off. A little wear off is expected for a creamy formula and I think 5 hours is a great lasting time - I find that they last even longer as a liner than as an eyeshadow too. These are super comfortable to wear and don't feel at all greasy like some creamy products can. Removal is a dream and my eyes never feel dry or stripped afterwards.

The SoulTree Kajals are priced at £13.90 each, which I think is a brilliant price for such a great product. With so many shades on offer (12 in total), you definitely won't struggle to find a shade that suits you. I recommend trying a colour that you wouldn't usually wear and do some experimenting! I know I had so much fun trying something new and was pleasantly surprised at how good it looked.

Have you tried SoulTree Kajals?

Kayleigh x

Labels: ,