Botanicals Gentle Hydrating Mist

Botanicals Gentle Hydrating Mist

A few weeks ago I was kindly sent a sample of Botanicals Gentle Hydrating Mist: Chamomile & Mandarin * to try. I chose the Chamomile and Mandarin version as this uses Chamomile, White Tea, Lavender and Mandarin to give skin a kick of hydration. This version is also suitable for sensitive skin, which I don't usually have but it is having a tantrum at the moment so I'm trying to use gentle products to try and calm it down.

Botanicals hydrating mists claim to gently clear away impurities, balance the skin's natural pH, replenish moisture and brighten the complexion, so I was excited to try this with the flare up my skin was having.

The first thing I noticed when I tried this is that the spray is more of a squirt than a mist. The pump is quite powerful and it produces more of a spray, instead of a mist that disperses over your face. It's not a harsh spray by any means
but a bit more powerful than I'm used to. It wouldn't put me off using it at all, but it's something to keep in mind. Although I only have the sample bottle, so the full size bottle might have a gentler pump.

I can definitely live with the pump though, as the product itself has done wonders for my skin. I've been using this morning and night before my moisturiser and I've noticed that my redness has reduced considerably. Any angry spots that have popped up have been tamed within a day or so and are hardly even noticeable after two days. My skin has also been lapping up the extra hydration in this heat. Botanicals stress how important it is to keep hydrated from the inside as well as the outside and this spray is a great, 100% natural way to do that. The mist is non-astringent so it doesn't make my skin feel dry or tight, but perfectly supple and soft.

Toners are usually one of those things that I can leave out of my routine and I don't notice a difference but with this one I've actually noticed a difference in my skin. My redness has settled and my moisturiser seems to absorb much better when applied over the top of this, resulting in smoother, hydrated skin. Wendy Stirling, the founder, also recommends using the mists as a refreshing spray throughout the day, to keep cool in the summer - with the heatwave we've recently had in the UK this is a great tip!

I'm nearing the end of my sample bottle now (boo!) but the Gentle Hydrating Mist is £20 for a 100ml bottle, which I don't think is a bad price for a natural, hydrating mist. It's probably a little more than I would like to pay for a mist, but this one does a great job and I don't mind paying the extra money to see a difference in my skin.

Are you a fan of toning mists? What are your favourites?


Kayleigh x

Labels: ,