Long Haul Flight Essentials

Long Haul Flight Essentials

If you follow me on Twitter (and you totally should! - @hazelnutmusings) you'll know that I've been super excited about going to Mexico next week. I used to hate flying a few years ago but the more I've done it the less it scares me now. Actually I quite like having a long flight as it means I can catch up on some me time. Here are some of the things I'm taking to keep me entertained on a 10 hour flight.

Kindle

I love my kindle. I got the third gen when it came out and it's still going strong now. I love that I can take several books with me on holiday without actually carrying several heavy books - it's so convenient. I especially like this for any really big books, like Outlander (one of my favourites) as after a while they make my hands and wrist hurt
to hold them up. They're also really heavy and clumbersome too. My Kindle is my life saver for holidays. I'm reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman at the moment, which I'm loving but I may have finished this before I go on holiday. Drums of Autumn is the next on my 'to be read' list or maybe Stalking Jack The Ripper, depending on how I'm feeling at the time.

Podcasts

I've recently become obsessed with Podcasts. I find that they're the perfect thing to do while you're doing something else. For example, I've found that they're the new enabler for me to do cardio. I don't usually like cardio but knowing I get to listen to another episode of a podcast while I'm on the treadmill makes me pretty excited. I also like to listen to them while I get ready in the mornings. I've found some awesome series, so I'm definitely going to be listening to some of these on the plane. Some of my favourites so far are: Myths & Legends, The Black Tapes, Lore & At Home With (By The Anna Edit & Lily Pebbles.

Magazines

I never buy magazines anymore because A) they're content doesn't really appeal to me anymore and B) now I'm an adult I don't have the cash tbh. However, when I go on holiday I like to pick up a couple for some lazy reading. My choices are usually Vanity Fair or Porter, but sometimes I'll pick up Glamour if it's only £1. Sometimes I can't be bothered to properly concentrate on a book plot and a magazine is the perfect thing for some light reading that I don't have to use too much brainpower for. Plus they have pictures to look at!


Beauty Products

On long haul flights I sometimes like to take some skincare with me to do a little facial, but I don't think I will this time. When I have before it usually gets a bit messy and it's not the same as being at home in your bathroom. Another reason is that my PHB Ethical Beauty moisturiser isn't travel friendly, so I can't take that on the plane with me. I am taking a couple of beauty bits with me though: Botanicals Organic Sanitiser is the perfect sanitiser as it not only cleans your hands but also provides a lovely lavender scent - perfect if you're felling a little anxious. I'll also be taking my NYX HD Concealer to make me look a little more awake when landing the other end. For lips I'll be taking my Hurraw Coconut Lip Balm, Living Nature Lipstick in Wild Fire and Lily Lolo Natural Lipgloss in Bitten Pink, so I can hydrate my lips throughout the flight and I have a choice of products for landing.

So that's what I'm taking to keep me entertained on my flight. It's not a lot because we also have in-flight entertainment on the plane, so I'll probably watch a couple of films too. Between everything I'm sure the long flight will fly by - pun intended!

What do you guys take with you on flights?

Kayleigh x

Labels: , ,