Lily Lolo Laid Bare Eye Palette

Lily Lolo Laid Bare Eye Palette

My eyes can be a little sensitive sometimes and there are some products that irritate them. A while ago I was looking for a natural/organic palette that I could use all the time that would also be kind to my eyes.  The Lily Lolo Laid Bare Eye Palette ticked all the right boxes for me and I've never looked back. I've had this palette for a while now (probably not far off a year!) so I thought it was time to share a review with you.

Lily Lolo is a brand that caught my attention for their emphasis on mineral make up. Over 10 years ago Vikki, the founder of Lily Lolo, started mixing her own mineral make up at home and that's where it all began. You'll never find harmful ingredients like parabens, phthalates, synthetic perfumes or dyes in their products as they only use ingredients that are kind to the skin. They're also cruelty free of course.

The packaging is one of my favourite parts of this palette. I love palettes for travelling as they're great to create loads of different looks, without having to carry several single eyeshadows with you. The only thing is some palettes are quite big and bulky, taking up loads of room in my make up bag. This one is the smallest palette I've seen (that still has a good variation of shades) which makes me very happy! It's no bigger than my hand and it's as light as a feather, making this my go to for holidays now.

The colours are right up my street. I love neutral, brown tones and I gravitate towards these colours every day. I love the fact that these have a little bit of shimmer in them so that they don't look too flat on the eyes, but they're not so glittery that you can't wear them during the day. It's the perfect balance. The only one that I do wish was matte is the black - I sometimes like to set my kohl eyeliner with a black eyeshadow and although I can still do it with this one I think it would look more intense if it was matte.

I like to use Stark Naked (the very left colour) as a base over my primer, as it's the perfect base colour for my lids. I then go in with either Skinny Dip or Shy Away (3rd and 4th from the left) all over the lid and blend to the outer lid. That's enough for daytime as it provides a nice wash of colour that makes my eyes pop. For night time I'll add either Birthday Suit or Exhibitionist (2nd and 3rd from the right) to the outer third of my lid, blend it all together and voila! A smokey eye that looks amazing and won't make my eyes water all night.

The shadows themselves are really creamy and apply well. I only need to take a small amount on my brush to get a full lids worth of colour. I do find the darker shades are slightly less pigmented than the lighter shades, so they take a couple of dips into the pan with my brush to build up the colour but I have to do this with several eyeshadows I have so it doesn't bother me.

The only thing that I would say is that these can crease like a bitch on me if I don't use a primer. I haven't got particularly oily eyelids and I only have this issue with a few eyeshadows, so if you do have oily eyelids you may want to take this into account. I find a good primer is enough to stop this though and then the colours last all day on my eyelids - even when I've been to the gym!

With all this in mind this is a great palette that will be kind to your eyes, provide a lovely wash of colour all day and can also be built up for night. You can create endless looks for under £20, which is an absolute bargain! What more could you want in a palette?

Lily Lolo is a great brand and I have some of their loose eyeshadows and a lipgloss that I also love. I'm looking forward to trying more from this brand and quite fancy picking up their Sculpt & Glow Duo next, as I've heard wonderful things about it and I need a natural bronzer for the summer!

Have you tried anything from Lily Lolo? Are there any stand out products that I NEED to try?

Kayleigh x

Labels: ,