LoveLula Haul

Love Lula Haul

LoveLula is an online beauty shop that stock natural and cruelty free products. As I'm trying to use more natural products it's a perfect one stop shop for me. I still like to check the cruelty free status of brands before I buy just to double check, but you're pretty safe ordering from here. I was after some new bits and pieces for our trip to London this weekend and PHB Ethical Beauty was all 30% off, so I couldn't resist placing an order.

PHB Ethical Beauty Mineral Foundation

The first thing I picked up was the PHB Ethical Beauty Foundation Kabuki Set in Medium Rose. I've been using fake tan a lot more lately, as I just fancy a bit of a glow and when I use fake tan on my face I don't need a heavy foundation. I'd dug out my Inika Mineral Powder Foundation but this has shimmer particles in it and I'm not a huge fan for every day wear, so I wanted to try another mineral foundation. I've used PHB Ethical Beauty products before and really like them, so I thought why not try their foundation. The first thing I noticed was that the tub is really small and I instantly thought there wasn't much product in it, but when I checked against my Inika foundation it actually has 2g more in it even though the Inika pot is much bigger! My first impressions is that it gives great coverage. I always struggled to build up the Inika foundation but this one is so easy to get a good medium/heavy coverage - a must have for any blemishes that pop up! The colour is a perfect match for my tanned skin and it blends into the skin seamlessly. The kabuki brush is a great companion for the foundation as it picks up just the right amount of product and buffs it into the skin really well. I need to test this a bit longer before I can comment more but for now I love it!

PHB Ethical Beauty Lip Tint and Lip Glaze

The next thing I was looking for was some lip products. I have a lot of lip products but only a couple of them are natural and I'm really trying to rectify that this year! The lipsticks originally caught my eye but I was looking for a colour that would enhance my natural lip colour and I couldn't find the right shade. I then started looking at the lip tints and the PHB Ethical Beauty 100% Pure Organic Lip Tint in Raspberry caught my eye. As this is a lip tint I thought that the colour would be perfect, as I wasn't looking for a bright lipstick but something that I can throw on easily for day or night to just add a tinge of colour. This fits that bill perfectly! The colour is a gorgeous medium pink that comes out matte on the lips - it gives a good amount of colour to make me look a little more put together, without the fuss of a lipstick. The only thing that I find with this is that it's not very creamy and can drag along the lips when applying but I've only used it a couple of times, so I'm hoping it will soften up over time.

The second lip product I bought was PHB Ethical Beauty 100% Pure Organic Lip Glaze in Petal. I was again looking for something that I can keep in my pocket and re-apply easily, preferably without a mirror so lip gloss is perfect for that. The first thing I noticed when I received this was that it is slightly darker in real life than on the picture on the website, but the colour description in the product information is spot on. It's a dusky pink shade that adds a lovely sheen to the lips with the perfect hint of colour. I actually wore these 2 together on Saturday night and they created a great natural looking lip.

REN Evercalm Day Cream and PHB Ethical Beauty Eyeliner

I also picked up the PHB Ethical Beauty Natural Organic Pencil Eyeliner in Brown just because I was in need of a natural brown eyeliner. I've still been using my MAC eyeliner, just because I didn't want to waste it but that's nearly gone now and as this one was on offer I thought why not?! This is a dark brown liner that accentuates the eye, but without the drama of a black liner. It glides over the eyelid really well with no tugging and can also be smudged out to create a smoky effect. The staying power is great too - I've worn this all day at work and it's still in tact by the time I get home.

The last thing I picked up was the Ren Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream. I mentioned in my Winter Morning Skincare Routine post that I had received a sample size of this in the February Love Lula Beauty Box and I loved it, so it was finally time to pick up the full size. It's such a luxurious cream to use and makes my skin feel like a baby's bottom! I love smoothing this all over my face morning and night and my skin looks great.

Love Lula Swatches
Swatches from left to right: Eyeliner in Brown, Lip Tint in Raspberry & Lip Glaze in Petal.

I'm really enjoying using all the things I picked up and I honestly love every single one so far. The foundation is my star pick and I really hope it carries on being just as good as the first couple of uses - I may have found my holy grail foundation (although I'll try not to get too ahead of myself). I'll continue to test all the products and I'll do full reviews on them at a later date, so keep checking back for those. For now though I'll be taking them all to London with me this weekend, as I'm finally going to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - I'm so excited!

Have you guys picked up any new beauty products lately?

Kayleigh x

Labels: , ,