The Holiday Make Up Bag: Poland


Face Make Up Poland

I'm off on a few trips and holidays this year, so I thought I would do a little mini series of Holiday Make Up Bags throughout the year. My first trip of the year is Poland (I'll actually be over there by the time you're reading this!) and so this trip's make up bag will kick off the series. Luckily, we have a suitcase to put all of our toiletries, appliances, etc in, so I haven't had to streamline my stash too much, but I've still whittled it down to one of everything (or maybe 2!). We are sharing the suitcase between 4 of us, so I still need to be careful what I'm packing and how much it weighs and I've finally settled on the below pieces.

Face

I received a sample of the Vapour Stratus Soft Focus Skin Perfector with my order of The Nature of Beauty and
I've actually been looking for a new primer, so thought I would take this and try it. It's the perfect size to take on holiday and I'll get around 3 uses out of it, so it will give me chance to test it out. Although I hope I don't like it too much as the full size is pretty pricey!

For base I'm taking my GOSH X-Ceptional Wear Foundation, NYX HD Concealer and e.l.f Studio Perfect Finish HD Powder. Together these create a nice dewy base that isn't too heavy but lasts all day on me. I'm not particularly bowled over by the e.l.f powder, but I hate waste so I'm trying to use this all up and then I can buy a different powder to try. I want to try and get a natural powder afterwards so please throw any suggestions my way!

For cheeks I'm packing my Inika Mineral Blush Puff Pot in Rosy Glow. This is so easy and quick to use and perfect for holiday, when I want to look good but not spend hours on my make up! Highlighter-wise I love the Make Up Revolution Golden Lights Highlighter - it packs the most intense highlight and looks amazing on my skin tone. This is definitely an every day staple for me now.

Eye Make Up Poland

Eyes & Eyebrows

Unfortunately I'm still using the Maybelline Colour Tattoo as an eye primer, as I cannot find a good cruelty free primer and I still have loads of this leftover. This is the only thing that isn't cruelty free in my stash anymore, so if anyone can recommend a good cruelty free and preferably natural replacement please let me know in the comments below.


For eyeshadow I'm taking Sleek's All Night Long eye palette. This has a good mixture of eyeshadows that are suitable for day and night, so I only need to take one palette for all the eye looks I want to do. The only thing it doesn't have is a black shade, so my Living Nature Eyeshadow in Slate* is also getting packed. My eyeliner of choice is Inika's Organic Eyeliner Pencil - it's jet black, stays on all day and doesn't sting my eyes. I've also packed Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner in case I want to do a cat eye flick at night. Soap & Glory's Thick and Fast HD Mascara is the one I'm currently using but as there is a bit of controversy over S&G's cruelty free status I won't be re-purchasing this once it's ran out as I can't be 100% sure that they are cruelty free. I've emailed them to ask a couple of times and got no reply which rings alarm bells for me. I think I might try an Ere Perez mascara next, as I've heard great things about them.

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder has become a holy grail for me over the past few months. It doesn't look like much, but it's the best powder I've found. It's not too warm in colour and has two shades so you can make your brows more intense for night time if you like. It also includes a wax, a spoolie and a slanted brush which makes it an absolutely perfect little set for travelling.

Lip Make Up Poland

Lips

The first thing that went in my bag is my Crazy Rumours Amaretto Lip Balm. This has saved my lips this winter and I'm definitely going to need a good lip balm for Poland, as it's currently -8 degrees over there!


I was very kindly sent the Living Nature Lipstick in Wild Fire* this week. I've been lusting after Living Nature's lipsticks for ages, so I'm going to take this with me as it's the most gorgeous red and I can't wait to try it out! I've also packed the Lily Lolo Natural Lipgloss in English Rose (I think, as I've just realised that the tube doesn't have the name on anywhere!) in case I want something a little more subtle.

We're only going away for 3 days, so I don't need to take that much and I think I've done well to condense it down to this - my make up bag is always packed full and it's A4 size! I'm a definite over-packer and usually take several shades of eyeshadow, blusher and lipstick on holiday with me, but I've resolved to not do that this year and only take what I need.

Please feel free to leave your recommendations for cruelty free and natural face primers, eyeshadow primers and powders in the comments below.

Kayleigh x

Labels: ,