Staying Motivated in Winter

Winter is depressing. We go to work in the dark, go home in the dark and it's so friggin' cold that we have to scrape the car in the morning - bye bye extra 10 minutes in bed :(. With this being said it's so hard to get motivated to work out. All I want to do when I get home after work is put the fire on, put my feet up under a blanket, watch Christmas films and eat my weight in Christmas goodies. However, doing that every night will not get me the body I want so whenever I feel like I really can't be bothered I look to these people as inspiration and they motivate me to get my arse in the gym and get lifting those weights!

In no particular order:

Grace Fit UK

Grace Fit UK


Heidi Somers - Buff Bunny

Heidi Somers

Em Duncan

Em Duncan

Katy Hearn

Katy Hearn


All of their accounts are a mixture of motivational quotes/captions, mini workout videos and tips and tricks for training and healthy eating (along with pics of their rockin' bodies obv!). Whenever I want some inspiration I always look at their accounts and it gets me running out the door to the gym, even on the coldest, darkest nights. Go check them out if you're not already following them!

I'm planning on relaxing my routine over the Christmas period and I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'm going to eat what I want, miss some gym sessions and go out with family and friends and have a great Christmas. I'll concentrate on my fitness again then in January - remember, it's all about moderation.

Kayleigh x

Labels: