September Haul & First Impressions

September Haul

I had a little bit of spare cash this month, so I thought I'd treat myself to some new beauty bits. I always like reading hauls and I don't think I've done one on here before, so I thought I'd share what I got with you guys and throw in some first impressions too. I've been trying these out for around a week and a half now and some of these will be getting their own time to shine once I've tested them a bit more.

NYX Lip Lingerie in Baby Doll - £6.50

OMG this is amazing! I struggled in the shop between the shades Baby Doll and Lace Detail for about 45 minutes, with Anthony sighing at me in intervals to hurry up. I picked Baby Doll in the end and I'm sooooo glad that I did. It's slightly more pink toned than the others, which I don't usually go for, but it looks super natural on the lips. It
dries matte but is super comfy to wear and I even forget I'm wearing it most of the time. Come payday I'll definitely be picking up another one - now to decide which shade?

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Fair - £5.50 

This was a purchase that I needed as my old concealer had ran out and it was a Seventeen one, so I googled cruelty free concealers and this kept popping up everywhere. I went in store and matched myself to Fair and it's a perfect colour match. I like to use concealers that are slightly lighter than my natural skintone so that they help brighten the face. This is a heavy coverage concealer and has covered dark circles, blemishes and redness on me without a problem at all. It also lasts all day and doesn't go cakey or slip off the skin.

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Dark Brown - £5.50

I've been looking for a powder to replace my HD Brows palette for aaaaaages, but alas I've had no luck. Until now! This is the perfect shade for me as it's not too warm and it's an amazing little powder. I'd never seen these before but when I went to Boots to pick up the lip lingerie and concealer I wanted to get something else too and this caught my eye. You don't get much product but it's only £5.50 so I don't mind, because the colour match of both powders is spot on. The wax is a nice extra but I don't use this on an everyday basis as it can be a little messy. I love that it comes with a mini brush and spoolie though, so it's perfect for taking away with you.

September Swatches
(left to right: Barry M Strobe Cream, NYX Concealer & NYX Lip Lingerie)

Barry M Illuminating Strobe Cream in Frosty Pink - £4.49

I was looking for a cream highlighter as my skin has been really dry lately going into the winter months and my normal Sleek powder is sticking to my dry patches. I'd read several reviews on this and everyone said it was really good and also really cheap. I thought that the Iced Bronze shade would be better for me but when I swatched both shades in store I picked the Frosty Pink instead, as that looked like it would be better for everyday and I'm glad I did. This is a great highlight - it provides just enough sheen to the face without looking too much, making it perfect to use in the daytime. It doesn't collect in any dry patches either and looks really natural.

Barry M Nail Polishes - £3.99

I picked up the Speedy Quick Dry in Freestyle and the Boots Limited Edition Beach Keen shade, as there was an offer on in Boots to spend £6 on Barry M and get one of the Limited Edition polishes for free. Both are really nice colours and you can't beat Barry M nail polishes for quality.

So there's my little mini haul for September. Now I have a house I can't be as spendy as I used to be and need to pick certain items each month to spend my money on, so I may make this a monthly series and show you what I thought was worth my money each month. What do you think? Do you like these posts?

Kayleigh x

Labels: ,