My Summer Skincare Routine



I've recently stripped back my skincare routine as my skin felt completely overwhelmed with my last routine. I was using more products than I could count on both hands and my skin was having a complete freakout, so once I got back from holiday I started again. I've been doing this routine now for a couple of months and feel like I've pretty much nailed it, so now is the time to share!

Morning

I love my sleep, so anything that allows me to lay in bed for an extra 10 minutes is brilliant. This routine only takes me 5 minutes, but my skin feels refreshed and nourished for the day ahead. I start by cleansing my face with The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser; I put some on a cotton pad and wipe the night's sweat and grime off my
face. I find this is enough in the morning as I deep cleanse my face at night and don't need to do it too often.

Next I use the Superdrug B. Confident Blemish Serum, which I've used everyday since I bought it (and I'm a little scared to stop using it now, as it's done wonders for my skin). It's really kept my blemishes at bay and I haven't had any massive breakouts since I started using this, just the occasional pimple on my chin.

After this I use The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream all over my face. I apply a lot around my nose as this is where I get dry patches and it still sinks in amazingly well. This has been great for my skin as it's smoothed everything out, so that my make up doesn't collect in my dry patches. Whenever I use this my skin feels just like a baby's bottom and I love it!

The last step I do just before I apply my make up and that's SPF. I've been trying out this new one from The Body Shop and it's their Skin Defence Multi-Protection Essence SPF 50. I must say I'm impressed with it so far. I've only been using it for a few weeks but it sinks in well and doesn't turn into a peel on my skin when I'm applying my foundation. Have you ever had that happen before? It's so annoying!

Evening Routine

Evening

My evening routine requires a little bit more effort as I have to remove my make up. I start by using The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil to remove my eye make up. I couldn't put this in the picture as it leaks when lying down, but I gently rub this into my lashes and around my eyes and make sure to really cover them with product - but be careful not to get it in your eye as it stings like you wouldn't imagine! Once I've rinsed this off I then remove the rest of my make up with the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser and a flannel.

I then apply one of three things, or sometimes a combination of them. I alternate these every night depending on what I feel my skin needs. The first one is the Superdrug Vitamin E Skin Oil (I'm all about the Vitamin E at the moment!) and I apply this all over my face. Once again I will try and add an extra layer around my nose and it leaves my skin so soft in the morning.

Another product I use before bed is Superdrug Naturally Radiant Glycolic Overnight Peel. This is like a souped up version of the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner and it's also cruelty free - unlike Clarins. I use this whenever I feel like my skin is clogged up and needs a good refresh. I always wake up with glowing skin whenever I use this.

One more thing that I use sometimes is The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream - the same one I use in the morning. I find this is thick enough for what I need, as usually I will use this over the top of the other products above for a bit of extra moisture. I don't use this every night but just on nights when I feel like my skin needs an extra bit of TLC.

Routine Extras

Extras

Occassionally I'll throw the following products into the mix too. My go to mask is always The Body Shop Honey & Oat 3-in-1 Moisturising Scrub Mask - I love this. It's makes my skin soft but also gives it a really good cleanse and doesn't leave it feeling tight at all. If I haven't got time for this one I'll reach for Superdrug B Revealed Glycolic Cleansing Peel (I can't seem to find this online anymore but I'll link my review here) instead as this only takes 3 minutes to do it's job and then you can wash it off and go. I'll try and use one of these at least once a week or whenever I get chance.

I also throw in the Botanicals Gentle Facial Polish* (review here) every now and again instead of Superdrug's Naturally Radiant hot Cloth Cleanser. This is a beautiful cleanser that gently exfoliates and removes all of my make up incredibly well.

When my skin feels like it needs a proper scrub I'll use the Superdrug Vitamin E Facial Scrub or Lush Angels On Bare Skin. I only use these every 2 weeks or so as these are quite harsh on the skin, but it really cleans out my pores and gets rid of any dead or dry skin. I'll use Angels on Bare Skin more frequently than Superdrugs offering as it's much gentler on the skin. Superdrugs Scrub is definitely the scrubbiest(?) scrub I own.

So that's my routine. It mainly focuses around peels and Vitamin E but I find they go hand in hand. If you do use a lot of peels and scrubs to brighten the skin, then you also need to make sure it's well moisturised too. The combination of these products have been giving me lovely skin over the past few weeks and I think I'll stick with this routine for a while.

Kayleigh x

Labels: ,