The Best Liquid Eyeliners

Best Liquid Eyeliners

I love a good winged eyeliner look. It's my go to look when I don't know how I want to do my make up - my fail safe if you will. Hence to say I've tried a lot of liquid eyeliners and my personal favourites for a perfect wing are of the felt tip pen variety. They're the easiest to use as the pen makes them easy to hold and get a precise line, there's no faffing about with a pot of gel and trying to get just the right amount of product on the brush and they last much longer than a kohl. I love a kohl eyeliner but I use them to smoke up my eyes - they're never practical for a winged look as I find they smudge too easily. So with that in mind here are my two favourite liquid eyeliners.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper - $19.00
This gives the absolute blackest of black lines - it's the most intense eyeliner I've ever tried. The tip is super easy to use as it's really sturdy and easy to draw the line on exactly where you want it. You only need to draw the line
on once too - there's no need to keep going over the same spot to build up the intensity as it already delivers intense colour on the first swipe. The lasting power of this is incredible. I apply this for work in the morning and it's still in the exact same place at 5 o'clock after a long day.
The only thing about this is it's a pain to get hold of. As we don't have a Sephora here it requires ordering from their website and with the shipping/customs cost it means you have to put in a pretty big order to make it worthwhile. On the other hand if any of you are going on holiday anytime soon (I am!) then I suggest stocking up (I will be!).

Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen in Carbon Black Extreme - £6.00
Now this is a little more affordable and also easier to get hold of for us folks in the UK. This gives good colour pay off but I do find that I sometimes need to go over the line a couple of times to get the intensity I want. It's really easy to use and is great for anyone who is new to the eyeliner game, as it can easily be wiped away if you make a mistake while applying. The tip is a little floppier than the Kat Von D one and over time the very end gets even worse, so it can take a little getting used to.
This has great lasting power and I'd say it's probably around the 3pm mark when this starts to fade and/or run/smudge. It's not so obvious that it looks like you've become a member of KISS, but if you look closely you can definitely see the difference. I personally don't re-apply this throughout the day but if you are going out after work I'd suggest taking it with you and doing a little damage control.

It sounds a little like I'm slamming the Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner here but it really is a great eyeliner for the price. I personally prefer the Kat Von D eyeliner - it's my all time favourite - but it's much harder to get hold of and it's more expensive. I would recommend both of these whole-heartedly and with one being high-end and one drugstore there's something for everyone. These are both great eyeliners in their respective brackets and I will definitely re-purchase both of these over and over again.

What's your favourite liquid eyeliner?

Labels: ,