My New Favourite Foundation

GOSH X-Ceptional Wear Foundation

I have a new foundation love: GOSH X-Ceptional Wear Foundation in Natural.

Now, we did have a rocky start. The first few times I applied this I used my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and it didn't blend in to my skin at all. It sat on top looking cakey and collected in the smallest of dry patches - it looked horrible. I then decided to try and apply it with my fingers instead, thinking that the warmth of my fingers might make it blend better and it was a revelation. It blended amazingly and looked great. I have since tried it again with my buffing brush and it still looks great (that's how I apply it everyday now), so I'm not sure why it didn't work out the first few times.

Anywho on to the actual foundation. I would say this is a medium coverage but it can be sheer by just using a
small amount or it can be built up for a fuller coverage. It covers any redness and blemishes and evens out my skin tone amazingly well. The colour is a brilliant match for me, so I don't have to concentrate too much on the application and I don't have to blend it down my neck either. It's definitely a 'my skin but better foundation' - it looks so natural on the face and creates a really dewy base. I'm all for a glowing look at the moment, so this is perfect for me.

I love the fact that this doesn't feel heavy on my skin and it's comfortable to wear all day. It's really kind to my skin and it never clogs my pores - I've been wearing this everyday and it hasn't affected my acne at all. It stays fresh all day, so I don't have to worry about touching up or it collecting along my forehead in the afternoon like other foundations often do.

I also wanted to quickly mention the packaging too. Most foundations come in glass containers, which is so un-practical as they're big and heavy, whereas this is in a small black plastic tube. It's not the prettiest but I like the sleekness of the packaging and it's really lightweight, so it's great for travelling or carrying around in your handbag. This is definitely coming to Florida with me!

The only thing that I would say goes against this foundation is that it doesn't include any SPF. I personally like my foundations to have SPF as it means I can skip that step in my routine, but as this is such a great foundation I can live with applying an extra step in the morning. I'll let that one slide.

Have you picked up this foundation?

Labels: ,