2016 Goals


I've put together a small goals post for next year, mainly so that I can look back on this and see how I'm getting on throughout the year. I don't usually do resolutions but there's a few things I'd like to do next year, so it's nice to have them written down. I've split the list into 2 for blog goals and then life goals.

Blog Goals

Grow My Twitter, Instagram & Bloglovin followers - This is an obvious one really, but I'd like to grow my followers and circulate my blog more.

Organise My Labels - My labels on my posts have gotten really messy and I need to streamline them.
It's a big job to go back through all my old posts but it will be worth it in the end.

Improve My Blog Photography - I've recently been playing around with my photography more and I'm really liking my pictures now. I still have a long way to go, so next year I'm hoping to improve even more.

Be More Organised With Blog Posts - At the moment I post when an idea comes to me and usually write the post up the day I'm publishing it or the day before. I'd like to start scheduling my posts again next year and go back to having set days to post every week.

Have A Redesign - My blog design needs updating desperately as it's looking old fashioned now, so I really want to get a new, sleeker design next year. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!


Life Goals

Stress Less - This is a generic one for everyone usually, but I am a worrier. I worry about the smallest, insignificant details and I really let it get me down so next year I'm going to make a concious effort not to worry as much.

Make More Plans - I'm a definite homebird. I'd much rather sit in and watch a good thriller/murder mystery on the TV with a cup of tea and biscuits than go out partying. Don't get me wrong I do have nights out occasionally but next year I'm going to make the effort to meet up with friends more, whether it's for a meal, drinks or even going to the cinema.

Wear Lipstick Most Days - I really feel like a good lipstick can pull your whole look together. I used to just put on some lip balm for a day at work or to go shopping but I find I feel much more confident with lipstick on, so next year I'm definitely going to keep that up.

Keep Up Running - I started running again just before Christmas and I remembered how much I actually enjoy it. I want to keep it up this year and try and get a couple of runs in a week. I'm not setting myself a strict schedule because I know that I'll give up if I'm restricted to when I have to run, but I am going to aim for 2-3 times a week.

Have you set any goals or resolutions for 2016?

Happy New Year everyone. I hope 2016 brings you everything you wish for and more.

Labels: