Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

First of all I love this quote I found in the new issue of Porter, so had to include it in the picture!

It’s been 2 months since I started blogging now and I've decided to create a schedule for my space on the web. Sophia over at My Life Through The Eyes Of The Web has set up a blogger collaboration project and we will all be posting every Monday at 7pm. Next Monday is week 1 so make sure you check back then to find out what it’s all about. Wednesday’s post will then be a product review and Friday’s post will be whatever I fancy writing about, for example, skincare/haircare routine, lifestyle post, favourite cleansers, monthly favourites, etc. This is the first time I’ve attempted an actual schedule so we will see how it goes!

Now on to today’s review. I had my nails done before I went on holiday so that they looked nice and I
didn’t have to worry about the upkeep while I was away. I had acrylics and even though they looked lovely and lasted much longer than my holiday, I always hate taking them off and the state they leave my nails in. Usually I soak some cotton wool with acrylic remover and then wrap the cotton wool over my nail with tin foil. This then pulls most of the acrylic off within half an hour, however, this time I didn’t have any tin foil in the house, so I had to put the acrylic remover in a bowl and soak my nails until they came off. It was a nightmare and in the end I ended up prising them off with a cocktail stick! 4 hours later and they were finally off, but my nails are always left feeling really course on top and really thin and fragile.

This is where this little baby comes in: Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. I would say it’s more of a clear salve than an actual cream and you rub your finger in it to warm it up and it turns into a sort of oil that you massage into your nail. As you could probably tell from the name it has a lemon scent to it which I find quite subtle and not too over overpowering. It sinks in well to my nails and doesn’t leave me with greasy nails/fingers once applied so I can carry on with whatever I’m doing pretty much straight after applying it.

The only bad thing I have to say about this is that the packaging isn’t ideal. It’s a metal tin with a pull off top so sometimes it can be quite hard to get a grip on the lid and pull it off, especially if some of the cream has got around the lid and made it stick.

I have been applying this several times a day for the past week and my nails are now back to their original healthy state. I could see a massive improvement after only 4 days of applications too. My nails no longer have the top layer peeling off and they feel so much thicker than they were when I first removed the false ones.

This has really saved my nails over the past week and I swear by Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream everytime I need to restore my nails back to a strong, healthy state.

Have you tried this cuticle cream yet?

Labels: ,