Lush Haul

Lush Haul

On Saturday I popped into my local Lush store, as I wanted to pick up a few new skincare bits to try.

The first thing I was looking for was a night cream. I had bought the Full of Grace serum the week before and have been using it before bed, so I wanted a moisturiser to go with it. I asked the assistant for recommendations and she pointed me in the direction of Celestial. She offered me a generous sized sample so that I could try it on my face for a few days before buying the full size, which I thought was a really good idea. This is a light cream that can be used daily to smooth dry skin. It contains ingredients to protect the skin from damage while conditioning and soothing. I have tried this once so far and I like it a lot.

The next thing I was searching for was a decent hand cream that wouldn't leave my hands with a
sticky feeling once applied. I tried both Handy Gurugu and Helping Hands, one on the back of each hand and chose to go with Handy Gurugu as this sunk into my skin better but also made my hands feel moisturised.

A shampoo bar was also on my list of things to purchase so I asked the assistant what she would recommend for a dry scalp. I've been suffering with a bit of dandruff for a few weeks and wanted something soothing. I ended up purchasing Squeaky Green as the assistant said this would help restore my scalp to a nice healthy condition.

The final purchase I made was It's Raining Men shower gel. I was originally intending to purchase the Ro's Argan Body Conditioner but at £16.50 it's quite expensive and I found the scent to be quite strong. I was umming and ahhing when the assistant recommended an alternative. She said that It's Raining Men had honey in it which made the shower gel more moisturising than other shower gels so you use less of your normal moisturiser. It has a nice sweet smell to it so I decided to purchase a small bottle for now to see how I get on with it.

I love going into Lush as the store assistants are always really helpful and know their stuff. They are all really friendly and approachable so I don't mind asking them for their advice.

I will be giving all of these a good try over the next few weeks and will do full reviews once I have had chance to use them a few more times.

Have you tried any of these products?

Labels: ,