A New Cleanser - Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel

Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel

I have seen so many bloggers rave about the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel but it was only last month that I finally took the plunge and purchased it. It was Rosie’s post that inspired me to click the checkout button and within 3 days it had arrived on my doorstep.

This is the first gel cleanser I have used and I first tried this in the evening to remove my make up. I use 2 pumps and smooth it all over my face, without water. It feels so luxurious on my skin and I love to stand for a couple of minutes and give my face a little massage to lift the dirt and make up. I then use a hot flannel to gently rub my face removing all the product. It has a lovely rose scent to it, which I find really relaxing and when I have more time I like to leave the hot flannel over my face (as Rosie instructed) and breath in the steam and floral aroma. You have to try it, it feels amazing! Now I know
some people don’t like rose scented products but this really isn’t that strong so I think you should be okay! My face is left squeaky clean and it doesn’t leave a dry or tight feeling either, just nice healthy looking, supple skin. I don’t tend to wear much make up on an average day so I find that one cleanse with this does the trick and removes all the grime and dirt from my face effortlessly. If I’ve been out somewhere that requires heavier make up I like to double cleanse just to make sure it’s all removed.

When I use this in my morning shower with wet hands and a wet face the cleanser forms a sort of milky foam. I find that it isn’t enough to cover my whole face and feel like it disappears the more I try to distribute it. I tried using one more pump the next time I was in the shower and it did cover my whole face but I personally don’t like the milky texture as I feel that it’s not enough to give my face a good clean. I shall be sticking to using this in the evenings as I find that it works best for me when used on dry skin.

Overall I really like this cleanser and would definitely recommend it. The price is a bit steep at £28 but for a luxury cleanser that works I would happily pay this and will definitely be repurchasing when mine runs out.

Have you tried the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel? What do you think?

Labels: ,